The Clinton County Planning Commission
Is a nine-member board representing various geographical regions and professional backgrounds. Members are appointed by the Clinton County Commissioners and serve a four-year-term. Their responsibilities are:
- Review all subdivision and land development plans for adherence to the Clinton County Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance (SALDO) and Clinton County Comprehensive Plan.
- Periodically review and make recommendations to the Commissioners to enact updates to the County SALDO, Zoning Ordinance, and Comprehensive Plan.
- Review any requested changes to the Municipal Zoning Ordinances and Maps, and make recommendations to the appropriate officials for each municipality.
The Clinton County Zoning Hearing Board
Rules on requests for variances, special exceptions, or changes in zoning for the municipalities covered by the County Zoning Ordinance. Its three members serve three-year terms.
The Clinton County Planning Department
Coordinates the activities and meetings of the Planning and Zoning Boards. Other staff services include:
- Approve single-lot subdivisions involving no proposals for new roads, rights of way, or utilities.
- Issue zoning permits for municipalities covered under the County Zoning Ordinance.
- Maintain County and Municipal Zoning and Subdivision ordinances and maps for public review.
- Maintain FEMA Flood Hazard maps for public review.
- Maintain contact information for officials responsible for zoning, subdivision, surveying and inspection activities.
- Maintain County demographic, economic, land use, and natural resource statistics.
- Provide technical assistance to residents and municipalities on:
- Permits, clearances, and legal requirements for land use and development
- Community development planning
- Recreational facility planning
- Greenways and Open Space planning
- Write and administer grants for:
- Community development projects
- Community recreation projects
- Residential housing assistance
Planning Department Staff
Director: Tim Holladay
Community Planner: Greg Smith
Grants Administrator: Kate de Silva