Regular Inmate Visitation:Inmates will be permitted to have a maximum of 5 adults on
their approved visitors list, along with any children the inmate is the parent or legal guardian of.
Anyone under the age of 18 will not be approved unless it is the child of the inmate. You will have
10 days from commitment to submit your requested visitor information. You will be permitted to
make ONE emergency change to your visitors list within the first 90 days. You will be permitted
to resubmit a new visitors list every 90 days.
Visitor must show a valid, non-expired, photo ID; Driver's License, State Identification Card or
Passport. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
unless there is a court order or notarized letter from the legal guardian (who must be one of your 5
approved visitors) and must have their birth certificate or valid photo ID. An inmate's wife or
husband who is under the age of 18 may visit, with a marriage certificate providing proof of such
The standard time for visits is one hour. You will be allowed one (1) visit per week with the
visiting week starting on Sunday. Inmates in restricted housing will have a 30 minute visit per
week. Inmates on disciplinary segregation status who receive new misconducts may have their
visits restricted. Detainees visiting privileges will not be altered due to segregation. You must sit
in the seat assigned to you by the Corrections Officer. Moving from your assigned seat is grounds
for immediate termination of your visit.
Visiting List Restrictions - Only the Warden can make exceptions:
- Former inmates released within 1 year from any Correctional Facility.
- Person under supervision with any jurisdiction.
- Active volunteer or programmer at any Correctional Facility.
- Correctional employee from any Correctional Institution.
- Current contract employee from Clinton County Corrections.
- Former correctional employee from Clinton County Corrections.
- Victim of inmate.
- Person cannot be on more than 1 inmates list.
- Visitors found to be in possession of contraband will be permanently restricted
from future visits at the facility.
- All visits will be scheduled by an approved visitor at least 24 hours in advance but
no earlier than 72 hours. The approved visitor will call the Visitation Officer
between 8:00 am - 3:00 pm to schedule visits. Phone number is 570-769-7680
- The Visitation Officer will schedule the visit based on the designated housing unit
schedule and availability.
- Visitors must arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled visit or they will not receive
- If a visitor contacts the facility 1 hour prior to the beginning of the visit due to an
emergency situation, the visit will be cancelled without being charged as a "no
show." Another visit will be permitted to be scheduled, if possible.
- If a visitor fails to show up, it will count as the inmates visit for that week.
- If a visitor is a no show for a 2nd time they will be permanently removed for the
inmates visiting list.
- Extended visits will be considered for those on the visiting list traveling 2 hours or
more, when space is available. Anyone found to be deceitful will have their
visitation privilege revoked.
Attire - The following types of apparel will not be permitted:
- See-through (transparent) & spaghetti strap type garments.
- Shorts above mid-thigh level (inseam length).
- Skirts with slits that extend above the mid-thigh.
- Tube/tank top athletic shirts and halter tops (regardless of gender).
- Shirts or jerseys that expose the midriff or significant portions of the torso, and
extremely low cut blouses or shirts.
- Spandex clothing (skintight), such as aerobic and jogging attire.
- Ragged or torn jeans (exposing portions of the body above mid-thigh or
- Inmate and Visitor's attire must include underwear and/or bra to visitation.
- Attire deemed inappropriate by Shift Commander.
Visitation Room Regulations
- Visitors will be limited to one adult and a maximum of two children per visit. If two
adults are present, they may split the visit one half hour each.
- Person under the age of 18 must have their birth certificate or valid photo ID and
be accompanied by their legal guardian.
- No items wi ll be permitted to be taken into the visitation room by the visitor or the
- Visits will be cancelled immediately for negative conduct by the inmate or visitor.
Contact Visitation: The Contact Visitation Program is designed to alleviate the trauma
that a child will experience due to the removal of a parent from the child's life. The focus of these
visits is the child.
In order to be considered for Contact Visitation you must meet the following eligibility
- Clinton County Sentenced Inmate. If un-sentenced, approval must come
from the Courts and the Warden.
- Completion of Building Your Family Parenting Program.
- Misconduct free for 30 days.
- Classification review for security risk.
Contact visitation will follow the same schedule as regular inmate visitation. All contact
visits will be approved at least 24 hours in advance by the Treatment Services Department.
Eligible inmates may be approved for, at most, two contact visits in a 30 day period. If the contact
visit is not arranged through CYS, it will count as the inmate's (1) weekly visit.
The inmate will be permitted to wear street clothes only if they already have appropriate
clothing in their property. Clothing will not be permitted to be brought in from the outside.
If the inmate's spouse is the legal guardian of the child, the inmate is permitted to have an
initial embrace with their arms around the waist and a kiss on the cheek. After the initial embrace
there will be no physical contact allowed with the spouse. The inmate may have physical contact
with the child but cannot place hands in any part of the child's clothing.
Check in procedures, guidelines and restrictions are the same as previously specified for
General Visitation. Those individuals failing to comply with these regulations shall be
Professional Visitors: Those ind ividuals authorized to use Professional Interview status
include; attorneys, bondsmen, clergy, law enforcement officials, news media, Pennsylvania Prison
Society Official Visitors, approved professional service staff, etc. Professional Visitors must be
cleared by the administration prior to the visit. Professional Visits will take place from 8:00 am -
11 :00 am, 1 :00 pm - 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Only your Attorney of Record will be
permitted to visit.
Religious/Spiritual Advisor Visitation
Inmates will be provided the opportunity to meet with an approved Religious/Spiritual
Advisor on a one-on-one basis by utilizing the non-contact visitation rooms. You must put in a
request slip to the Chaplain or Treatment Services Department to request a Religious Visit. All
approved Religious visitors will be placed on the inmate's visitor list as a Spiritual Advisor. The
visitor and inmate may each take 1 religious text to the visit. Visits will be 1 hour in length, one
time per week. This visit wi ll not count as the inmates (1) weekly regular visit.
All visiting records are considered facility records. They are not inmate records.
(A/S & D/S)
(A/S & D/S)
(A/S & D/S)